Monday, January 14, 2008

at last...


as i walk across the street
with my head bowed low,
the clouds above turned dark,
and covered the sun's glow
across the street i walked on
oblivious of the eyes staring at me.
for i have no shoes...

who cares about shoes? i asked myself
who cares if my soles are bleeding,
when the sound of his voice is all i'm hearing?

i moved away from the street
and into the sidewalk
onto the grass i stepped,
just as the wind started to blow...
just as the leaves started to fall...

i stopped and looked around
and felt that familiar chill
my body felt weak, my mind went numb...
just like old times, whenever i feel his touch...

long gone were the days
when i can dance with him in the rain...
now all i have are mem'ries drenched in pain.
memories that almost drove me insane...

i pushed him away, thinking it'd make him stay,
apologies were made, a lifetime too late.
i wanted him back,
but i was contradicted by fate...

a long, long time ago,
i cared for no one but him...
a long time ago,
i cried myself to sleep.

but i know better now,
know what must be done.
for holding on is futile,
and letting go, a must...

gathered all my courage,
tried to hold back the tears.
told myself to move on,
and face all my fears.

and so, for the last time
i bid him goodbye.
he just stood there
looked as though he wanted to cry...

"you've hurt me enough", i said to him
now i must go back,
to where my life begins...

goodbye, goodbye...
now i can look at you in the eye.
take everything with you,
i'll even give you my shoe...

never again...
will i wait for you in vain.
never again...
will i ever cry in the rain...

No comments: